Cook : 01:00
For the Roasted Vegetable Salsa:
●1/2 lb ripe tomatoes
●1 medium poblano chili
●1 red onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
●2 cloves garlic, peeled
●1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
●1/4 cup tomato juice
●1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
●1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
●1/4 tsp salt
●1 tsp cider vinegar
1. First, make the Roasted Vegetable Salsa. Start by placing tomatoes and chili ontop of a grill or in a broiler pan over hot fire. Broil on both sides until blackened.Remove from grill or broiler and place into a bowl. Cover and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Drizzle garlic and onions with olive oil. Toss tocoat, then place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 15minutes, turning occasionally, until garlic becomes lightly browned with spots and the onion becomes brown and soft. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool at room temperature.
3. Peel the charred tomatoes and cut off the cores. Save its juices In a mixing bowl,then add the cut tomatoes to the juices. Set aside.
4. Peel the chili and remove the stem and seeds. Chop into 1/4 inch pieces. Placechili pieces in a second bowl.
5. Transfer the roasted garlic and onion into a food processor and process untilfinely chopped. Add garlic and onion mixture into the bowl holding the dicedchili and stir to combine.
6. Place the grilled tomatoes into a food processor and pulse. Add choppedtomatoes, tomato puree, thyme, and cilantro to the chili bowl.
7. Season roasted tomato salsa with salt, then stir in the vinegar. Cover andrefrigerate for at least 6 hours to let the flavors meld. Adjust seasoning if needed.
8. To start preparing the pork dish, start by preheating the oven to 450 degrees F.
9. In a small bowl, combine the garlic and sage. Season to taste with salt andpepper.
10. Place the potatoes in a roasting pan that is big enough to accommodate the pork.Season the potatoes with half a teaspoon of the garlic and sage mixture, thendrizzle with olive oil. Place the pan in the prepared oven.
11. In a mixing bowl, mix together the Roasted Vegetable Salsa and mustard. Coatthe pork in the mixture generously.
12. Carefully take out the roasted potatoes from the oven and put the marinated porkloin on top of the potatoes. Place the pan back into the oven and roast for 30minutes. Do not open the oven door throughout the entire process.
13. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and stir the potatoes to scrape them fromthe pan. Lower oven heat to 325 degrees F and cook for an additional 60 minutes,stirring the potatoes once every 15 minutes.
14. Check if the pork is done by inserting an instant-read thermometer into severalareas of it. If the thermometer shows 145 degrees F in all areas, you can removethe roasting pan from the oven.
15. Place the pork on a serving platter and set aside for 15 minutes. The temperatureof the meat show increase to 155 degrees F. The safest internal temperature of thepork should be about 150 degrees F with a resting temperature of 160 degrees F.
16. Keep the potatoes warm by keeping them in the oven set at 325 degrees F.
17. Carve the pork loin and serve with the potatoes.