Cook : 00:15
Makes: 2 servings
●1/2 lb fish bones
●1 cup water, divided
●1/2 small onion, diced
●1/4 lb leeks, sliced and well rinsed
●1 pinch ground cloves
●1/8 cup dry white wine
●1/4 lb green asparagus
●1/4 lb white asparagus (or additional 1/4 lb green asparagus)
●2 salmon fillets, 6 oz each
For the Tapenade Salsa:
●1 oz anchovies
●1/2 cup pitted black olives
●1 clove garlic
●1/2 cup olive oil
●1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. First, prepare the fish stock by putting the fish bones in a large saute pan andadding about 1/2 to 3/4 cup cold water. Place over medium heat and bring to asimmer.
2. Add the leeks, clove, white wine, and onion to the fish bones and bring to asimmer. Add the rest of the water and squeeze 1/2 lemon over the mixture. Cookfish stock for 30 minutes.
3. While the fish stock is cooking, put the asparagus in lightly salted boiling waterand cook until fork tender. Remove asparagus from boiling water and transferinto a bowl of ice cold water.
4. Go back to your fish stock. Strain the fish stock through a fine mesh strainer andset aside the broth. Discard the solids.
5. Pour the fish stock into a saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to asimmer, then add the salmon fillets and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from thestock and set aside. Keep warm.
6. To make the tapenade salsa, combine the anchovies, olives, and garlic in a foodprocessor. Process to a paste. in a second bowl, combine the vinegar and oliveoil. Add the anchovy paste to the vinaigrette and mix well.
7. Simmer the fish stock and reheat the asparagus for 5 minutes. Transfer to servingplatter and place salmon fillet on top. Drizzle tapenade salsa on top of everythingand serve.