Cook : 01:00
Makes: 2 servings
For the Steak Seasoning:
●1/2 tsp kosher salt
●1/2 Tbsp cracked black pepper
●1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
●1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
For the Corn Ragout:
●1 cup yellow corn kernels, fresh or frozen
●1/4 Tbsp minced garlic
●1/2 cup milk
●1/2 Tbsp chopped scallions
●1/4 tsp pepper
●1/8 cup grated Gouda cheese
For the Veal Chops:
●2 veal chops, 7 oz each
●1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Make the steak seasoning first. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Combine the salt, pepper, sage, and garlic into a food processor and process for15 seconds, then transfer into a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes. Once garlicdries out, put the mixture back into the food processor and process for 15seconds once more. Set aside.
3. Increase the temperature of the oven to 400 degrees F.
4. Next, whip up the ragout by placing a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Let it heatup for at least 5 minutes, then add the corn and cook for 8 minutes or until cornbecomes chard. Mix in the garlic, milk, scallions, and pepper. Cook for 2 minutesand season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Place an ovenproof saute pan over high heat. Season veal chops with the sageand garlic seasoning. Drizzle olive oil over the saute pan and seas the chops onboth sides for about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
6. Pop the ovenproof saute pan with the seared veal chops into the oven and roastuntil you achieve your desired doneness. For medium rare, temperature should be145, 160 for medium, and 170 for well done.
7. To serve, spoon the corn ragout on plates and top with Gouda cheese. Carefullyplace the veal chops on top of the bed of cheese and corn,then serve.