Cook : 00:15
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease the foil with nonstick cookingspray. Place the eggplant on top of the lined baking sheet in a single layer, thenlightly coat with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Bake eggplant for 5 minutes. Turn and bake for another 5 minutes, then set asideto cool.
4. Preheat oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
5. Place a saucepan over medium-high heat and grease with the remaining 1/2tablespoon of olive oil. Saute the garlic and onions for 5 minutes or until onions become tender. Add the tomato sauce, red pepper flakes, chopped tomatoes,basil, oregano, and thyme. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 25minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. In a 4 by 4 inch ovenproof lasagna pan, ladle some of the sauce to cover thebottom of the pan. Cover with a layer of baked eggplant, then spread ricottacheese on top. Cover with another layer of sauce and repeat the steps until youget to about three layers. The last layer should be sauce.
7. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top followed by Parmesan cheese. Bake for 30minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Set aside to cool for a bit, thenserve.