Cook : 01:00
For the Crisp Herb Cabbage:
●1/2 head cabbage, thinly shredded
●1 small red onion, julienned
●1 clove garlic, chopped
●1/4 cup chopped parsley
●1/8 cup chopped fresh basil
●3/4 tsp chopped fresh thyme
●Optional: 1/4 cup rice vinegar
●1/8 cup white vinegar
●1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
●1/4 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
●1 packet Splenda
●1/4 tsp allspice
●1/4 tsp ground coriander
For the Apple and Tarragon Dipping Sauce:
●1/2 cup water
●1/4 cup rice vinegar
●1 peeled and diced Granny Smith apple
●1/2 tsp chopped garlic
●1/2 bay leaf
●1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
●1/8 tsp ground allspice
●1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
●1/2 Tbsp chopped tarragon
1. First, create the marinate for the pork by mixing together the pepper, kosher salt,shallots, soy sauce, garlic, mustard, butter, and beer. Place the pork in aresealable plastic bag and pour the marinade into it. Turn to coat, then placeinside the refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Next, make the crisp herb cabbage by tossing the cabbage, onion, parsley, basil,thyme, and garlic in a salad bowl.
3. in a second bowl, mix together the white vinegar and rice vinegar. Sprinkle thisover the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Set aside in room temperature for 45minutes to let the flavors meld.
4. To cook the pork, place a large saute pan over medium heat and heat the oil. Addthe pork medallions and pour the marinade into a bowl. Cook pork on both sidesfor 4 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Place heat on medium low and pour the reserved marinade and red pepper on topof the pork. Turn to coat and let simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes until sauce isreduced to half.
6. Make the Apple and Tarragon Dipping sauce by mixing together all of itsingredients in a saucepan and place over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, thenreduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes or until apples become tender. Take
out the bay leaf.
7. Pour the sauce into a food processor and process for 3 minutes until smooth. Pourinto three small ramekins.
8. To serve the dish, divide and arrange the Crisp Herb Cabbage on 3warmedplates, then place 2 pork medallions next to each serving. Place the ramekinholding the dipping sauce next to each dish and serve.